Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum problems

Hello everybody,

My problem is this:

I want to sum a column of numbers. My numbers are rounded to the
nearest thousand, though. Does anybody know how to see the sum of the
rounded numbers? Excel just gives me the exact sum of the numbers
before rounding.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend!

Regards
Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not absolutely sure that I have read the question correctly, but try:
=SUM(ROUND(range,-3))
You will have to array-enter the formula, that is; hold down the control and
shift keys when hitting enter to enter the formula.
There will be other methods to achieve the same effect.
You might also want to look at the "precision as displayed" feature in Excel
(and you will probably want to reject it having considered it)

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello everybody,

My problem is this:

I want to sum a column of numbers. My numbers are rounded to the
nearest thousand, though. Does anybody know how to see the sum of the
rounded numbers? Excel just gives me the exact sum of the numbers
before rounding.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend!

Regards
Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Come to think of it
=SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(range,-3))
would appear to work also without having to be array entered.
I gather that the calculation overhead is about the same.