Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to record (macro)

I'm running MS Excel 2002 on MS Windows 200 with SP3. My
macro security level is set to medium.

When I attempt to record a macro, I get prompted for its
name and where it should be stored. I choose to store it
in th ecurrent workbook. After that I get a message box
stating "Unable to record."

Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim

"Unable to Record" Message When Recording a Macro
http://support.microsoft.com/default...72&Product=xlw

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JimP" wrote in message ...
I'm running MS Excel 2002 on MS Windows 200 with SP3. My
macro security level is set to medium.

When I attempt to record a macro, I get prompted for its
name and where it should be stored. I choose to store it
in th ecurrent workbook. After that I get a message box
stating "Unable to record."

Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron. I checked your reference: it discusses
strings over 255 characters. That is not my problem.

I attempt to create my macro from a new (empty) worksheet
and receive "Unable to record." These is no data in any
cells when I attempt this.

FYI...I've also read "XL2002: Unable to Record Macro and
No VBA Projects Shown After You Install Office 2000"
at:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;293287&Product=xl2002. It advised to reinstall MS
Office. I've done that but am still unable to recrod a
macro.

Thanks again.
-JimP

"Unable to Record" Message When Recording a Macro

us;212172&Product=xlw

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JimP" wrote in

message ...
I'm running MS Excel 2002 on MS Windows 200 with SP3.

My
macro security level is set to medium.

When I attempt to record a macro, I get prompted for its
name and where it should be stored. I choose to store

it
in th ecurrent workbook. After that I get a message box
stating "Unable to record."

Any ideas? Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming