Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with message box return value

Hi:

I am dong something wrong, and don't know what it is. For some reason I am not detecting
the results of button presses with the following code. Can someone show me what I am doing
wrong please? OOPS is a tag I am going to further down in the macro.

Help much appreciated
sub macro()

Dim msgprompt As String
Dim msgbuttons As Integer, msgResults As Integer
msgprompt = "If you are not certain about installing the new spreadsheet click NO in the
area below." & "If you wish to proceed with installation, click YES"
msgbuttons = vbYesNo
MsgTitle = "Confirm Installation"
MsgResult = Msgbox(msgprompt, msgbuttons, MsgTitle)
Select Case msgResults
Case vbYes
GoTo oops
End Select
Range("aa1").Select
ActiveCell() = "No"
Range("a1").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
and so on

to oops:

Thanks

John Baker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

If you put "Option Explicit" at the top of your module, it will flag
misspelled variables... msgResults vs msgResult.

Also, I don't believe you want () after ActiveCell.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"John Baker" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

MsgResult = Msgbox(msgprompt, msgbuttons, MsgTitle)
Select Case msgResults

Unless this is a typo, it looks like a case of the need for Option
Explicit at the top of your code module. You are returning the result from
the message box into an undeclared variable named MsgResult but your
Select...Case statement is looking at a declared variable named msgResults.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"John Baker" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim:

"Option Explicit" gave me a compile error, but your obsertatioon solved the problem.

Nothing more than a stupid typo!

Thanks a lot

John Baker