Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Column Heads?

Hi All,

I'm struggling with column headings in listbox.

Despite Tom Ogilvy pointing me in the right direction, I'm just to
ignorant to understand his advice.

Tom Said "The columnheading can only be set by using the rowsourc
(userform) or listfillrange (worksheet) Property to populate the list
If so, then the row above the specified range is used to populate th
column headings. If the rowsource/listfillrange starts in row1, then i
used the column letters.

You can't populate them if you don't bind the control list to th
sheet. "

My trouble is I don't know out about 'binding the control list to th
sheet'.

Would someone be kind enough to show me what to do.

Thankx pals

Coli

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After a bit of thinking and groping about I managed to get column head
to work by putting th following into :-
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

ListBox1.ColumnHeads = True 'show headings
ListBox1.RowSource = "B2:D2" 'point at column headers
offset?

I had three colunm's so "B2:D2" gives three headings, although I di
notice to get the right result I had to point to data at row 2 and no
row where the data was?

Hope this helps any one else trying to get this working.

Noggin

PS still like to know why the offset though

Print Column Heads WITHOUT Excel Column Lables Sarah E Excel Worksheet Functions 1 June 19th 08 07:06 PM
Changing column heads from ABC to 123 Sanjeev Raghavan[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 4th 08 06:02 AM
column heads 4most New Users to Excel 5 April 25th 05 05:52 PM
heads of column (listbox in UF) Mark[_17_] Excel Programming 2 June 15th 04 06:56 AM
Column heads for list box - how to do it Oliver Kharraz Excel Programming 1 November 18th 03 01:04 PM