Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to detect optionbutton being clicked?

The option button i'm refering to is not on the userform or control box but
from the "forms" menu. Do I need to initialize anything?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi crapit
Right click on your option button and choose Assign macro (please note this
option may differ from yours - I am using a French version of Excel)
The macro thus assigned will fire each time your option button is clicked

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"crapit" a écrit dans le message de
The option button i'm refering to is not on the userform or control box

but
from the "forms" menu. Do I need to initialize anything?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you create a control from the forms menu, you get an option to assign a
macro (you can also get the same option by selecting it and right-clicking).

Assign a macro, and clicking the control fires the macro. Hence the macro
knows there has been a click.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"papou" wrote in message
Hi crapit
Right click on your option button and choose Assign macro (please

note
this
option may differ from yours - I am using a French version of Excel)
The macro thus assigned will fire each time your option button is

clicked

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"crapit" a écrit dans le message de
The option button i'm refering to is not on the userform or

control
box
but
from the "forms" menu. Do I need to initialize anything?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So for dropdown form control is it
activesheet.dropdown("drop down 1").Visible = False

If there are 3 columns of merge cell i.e A1 (A1 & A2), B1 (B1 & B2), C1
( C1 & C2 )
can i refer it as range("a1:c1")

"papou" wrote in message
Hi crapit
Right click on your option button and choose Assign macro
(please
note
this
option may differ from yours - I am using a French version

of
Excel)
The macro thus assigned will fire each time your option

button
is
clicked

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"crapit" a écrit dans le

message
de
The option button i'm refering to is not on the userform

or
control
box
but
from the "forms" menu. Do I need to initialize

anything?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I 'm unable to get this to work correctly,
ActiveSheet.DropDowns("dropdown143").Visible = True
It give unable to get the dropdown property of the class

What's wrong with it?

"papou" wrote in message
Hi crapit
Right click on your option button and choose Assign macro
(please
note
this
option may differ from yours - I am using a French version

of
Excel)
The macro thus assigned will fire each time your option

button
is
clicked

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"crapit" a écrit dans le

message
de
The option button i'm refering to is not on the userform

or
control
box
but
from the "forms" menu. Do I need to initialize

anything?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It works for me. Is it a Forms dropdown?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"crapit" wrote in message
I mean how to detect the optionbutton being clicked on it!
"papou" wrote in

message
Hi crapit
Right click on your option button and choose Assign

macro
(please
note
this
option may differ from yours - I am using a French

version
of
Excel)
The macro thus assigned will fire each time your option

button
is
clicked

HTH