Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default clear cell

I am setting cell formats using the With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 0
.Pattern = xlGray8
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
? Can I clear the cell value by adding another expression to this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,
Selection.ClearContent

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"John Keturi" wrote in message
I am setting cell formats using the With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 0
.Pattern = xlGray8
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
? Can I clear the cell value by adding another expression to this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 0
.Pattern = xlGray8
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Parent.ClearContents
End With

In article <3IoEc.4181$151.3051@fed1read02,
"John Keturi" wrote:

I am setting cell formats using the With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 0
.Pattern = xlGray8
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
? Can I clear the cell value by adding another expression to this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Note: Should be

Selection.ClearContents