Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel crashes when editing chart

I'm using VS .Net 2003 to write a C# com addin for Excel 2000.

At set intervals I am iterating through the Excel.Workbooks collection,
adding the FullName property of each Workbook to a collection. I have a
try..catch block around this code in case of any exceptions.

I have found one (strange) scenario which causes Excel to crash every time
using the addin described above. On Sheet1 insert values into cells A1 and
B1. Now Freeze Panes between columns A and B (select column B and select
Window-Freeze Panes). Now highlight the 2 cells and click the chart button.
I am using all the default values (i.e. I keep pressing Next) until the last
set of options (Step 4 of 4 - Chart Location) where I select to place the
chart as an object into Sheet2. The default column chart is correctly placed
into Sheet2 and displays my 2 columns. If you now right click on a white
area of the chart and select Source Data..., Sheet1 will now be displayed.
Excel will usually crash at this point or when either the OK or Cancel
button is pressed.

Can anyone help with this problem please?