Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I approach this little Project, please?

I have a standard Company Order form, stored as a template.

I wish to let the user manually navigate to the folder holding the
template and copy it to their new working folder. The template
will then form the basis of new Orders for that Contract.

Currently, code in the template's ThisWorkbook module simply
uses the workbook_open event to enable those cells which are
available to the user.

Every time the user wishes to place an Order for that Contract,
they would open that copy of the template. However, some of
their input will be common to all orders ( ie the delivery address).

What can I do to let the user copy the template, but when the
user opens it for the first time, ask the user to fill in all the
fields/cells
that will contain 'common' information and then save that copy of
the template, such that when user opens the template copy again,
all standard info will already be presented to them.

Any ideas please?

Regards.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As part of the Workbook_Open event, you could use a userform to prompt the user for all the common data. Then save the template with a new filename [perhaps based on one of the fields just entered (eg. client name)]. To prevent the userform from appear when the new template is opened, use an IF statement in the workbook_open code, eg.:

If IsEmpty('client name cell') Then
'Load UserForm to get common data
'save as new template
Else
'code to execute when template with common data already entered is opened
End If
'code to execute when original or new template is opened.