Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protecting Macros -is it possible

I was hoping that somebody would be able to help me with this.

I am suppose to protect my macros so that I cannot edit them without
getting approval. I've looked for this feature in the help - but I
cannot find anything.

The macros would have to be password protected without my having access
to the macro.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"AlwaysAsking" wrote:

I was hoping that somebody would be able to help me with this.

I am suppose to protect my macros so that I cannot edit them without
getting approval. I've looked for this feature in the help - but I
cannot find anything.

The macros would have to be password protected without my having access
to the macro.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the last sentence. It seems contradictary to me to password protect something you don't have access to. However, in VBA, under Tools - VBA Project Properties you can set password protection. This will prevent someone from openning VBA to look at the macros for that project without inputting the password. Hope this helps.
Marcotte
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay,

My wording was bad on that one.

I do need to have access to the macros - as in I need to run them, but I
am not supposed to be allowed to change them without my changes getting
approval and and having the changes logged.

I have seen the password protect - but that makes it so I cannot view
the macro. Often times I'll step through my macros for the first few
files just to do control checks. I don't want to lose that capability.
I just need to be able to protect the macro so that I can't change it.

Is there any way to do this.