Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Org Chart Diagrams

I've been trying to create an organization chart diagram
using VB, but generate an error whenever I try to set the
text for a node. This is a sample of my code:

Dim shDiagram as Shape
Dim nodRoot As DiagramNode
Set shDiagram = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddDiagram( _
Type:=msoDiagramOrgChart, Top:=10, _
Left:=15, Width:=400, Height:=475)
Set nodRoot = shDiagram.DiagramNode.Children.AddNode
nodRoot.TextShape.TextFrame.Characters.Text = "First
Node"

When I get to the last line, an exception is thrown
stating "Unable to set the text property of the Characters
class".

Any idea why?