Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date created

I'm wondering if the following code is returning the date
a file is changed to a new file name as well as the date
the file is created from a template. I have some users who
figured out they can turn off macros and bypass some
controls (at least until the end of the week) and I need
to analyze some some date values.

fandpath = Workbooks(myFile).Path & "\" & _
Workbooks(myFile).Name
Set f = fs.GetFile(fandpath)
s = f.DateCreated
Workbooks(MyNewFile).Worksheets(1).Cells(rCount, _
theColumn).Value = s
'the value of s is then slammed into a cell for more
'analysis

Thanks in advance!

Sn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No that is the date created, as it says.

You could try DateLastModified, or DateLastAccessed.

s=f.DateLastModified

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Stephen" wrote in message
I'm wondering if the following code is returning the date
a file is changed to a new file name as well as the date
the file is created from a template. I have some users who
figured out they can turn off macros and bypass some
controls (at least until the end of the week) and I need
to analyze some some date values.

fandpath = Workbooks(myFile).Path & "\" & _
Workbooks(myFile).Name
Set f = fs.GetFile(fandpath)
s = f.DateCreated
Workbooks(MyNewFile).Worksheets(1).Cells(rCount, _
theColumn).Value = s
'the value of s is then slammed into a cell for more
'analysis

Thanks in advance!

Sn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Bob. It just doesn't guarantee a copied file's
creation date is changed on commit/save. I'm moving this
to SQL and a .NET-managed app, but until then, I thought
I'd be able to get some better data. This date is correct
when the file is created from the template, but users are
not using the templates. (#$%@*!)

Sn