Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default REad large txt files

Dear Friends,

how can I read with excel a txt file that contains more that 6500
rows. Is there a way to store the files in multiple sheets?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

G,

Here is one way...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=120596
"Importing Text Files Larger Than 16384 Rows"

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"banavas " wrote in message ...
Dear Friends,
how can I read with excel a txt file that contains more that 65000
rows. Is there a way to store the files in multiple sheets?
Thanks,
G.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When importing text files there is an option to "Start import at Row" .
I have not used this. sometimes, I understand, his does not work a
expected.

Personally, I start from MS Acess to get the whole file in 1 go, the
link to Excel via pivot table or whatever

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

BrianB wrote:
*When importing text files there is an option to "Start import a
Row" .. I have not used this. sometimes, I understand, his does no
work as expected.

Personally, I start from MS Acess to get the whole file in 1 go, the
link to Excel via pivot table or whatever. *

Do you have example code for that with macros?
I mean to use access and link via pivot tables.

Thnak