Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default trans-sheet copying

Hi everyone,

I'm an absolute dolt with excel, and I know this question is very basi
for anyone who knows anything about Excel. I'm almost embarrased to ask
but I am absolutely desperate, and would appreciate any help anyon
could give me.

I am doing a very simple 2-sheet project using a template that someon
else set up; one sheet is the 'data entry' sheet for raw survey data
the other is the 'results' sheet, which turns the raw survey data fo
each question into an average based on the total input.

Now I find I have to add a couple of new columns (performing the sam
calculation) to the old template. How do I make what I add to the 'dat
entry' sheet show up on the 'results' sheet? Obviously there has to b
some sort of copying, right? How do I do it from sheet-to-sheet? Will
new column added to the 'data' sheet show up automatically in th
'results' sheet, or do I have to add it as well?

Like I said, I am desperate; I don't know anything about computers, o
about Ecxel, but my entire project is dependent on getting this right
I hope this question isn't too vague, or too silly.

Thanks in advance for any help,
E.P

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Phobe :)

If no one else will give you solution, mail the thing to me
at address below.

It's late here and i'm going to bed, but i'll return it first thing
tomorrow.

HUP HOLLAND !!! (and YES we're thru to quarterfinals)
THX CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

(guess you'll know why i need to sleep now :)

keepITcool

excelphobe wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm an absolute dolt with excel, and I know this question is very

basic
for anyone who knows anything about Excel. I'm almost embarrased to

ask,
but I am absolutely desperate, and would appreciate any help anyone
could give me.

I am doing a very simple 2-sheet project using a template that someone
else set up; one sheet is the 'data entry' sheet for raw survey data,
the other is the 'results' sheet, which turns the raw survey data for
each question into an average based on the total input.

Now I find I have to add a couple of new columns (performing the same
calculation) to the old template. How do I make what I add to the

'data
entry' sheet show up on the 'results' sheet? Obviously there has to be
some sort of copying, right? How do I do it from sheet-to-sheet? Will

new column added to the 'data' sheet show up automatically in the
'results' sheet, or do I have to add it as well?

Like I said, I am desperate; I don't know anything about computers, or
about Ecxel, but my entire project is dependent on getting this right.
I hope this question isn't too vague, or too silly.

Thanks in advance for any help,
E.P.

---