Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to line a DropDwn w/a Named Range?

I have a range on my sheet titled MC

I have a drop down form control that I'd like to have use that named range as
its source.

TIA

JeffP...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I,m not entirely sure what you want but if you have named a range yo
can have a dropdown list box by using DATA, VALIDATION, then choos
allow list then in the range box type =MC!

Don't forget to highlight the range you want the listbox to work o
befroe you choose validation.

Hope this helps!

Simo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

simon,
in your enthousiasm you're destroying the syntax <g

op should NOT type

=MC!

but

=MC

or in data/validation/listsource press [f3] go get a list with names

keepITcool

Simon Lloyd wrote:

I,m not entirely sure what you want but if you have named a range you
can have a dropdown list box by using DATA, VALIDATION, then choose
allow list then in the range box type =MC!

Don't forget to highlight the range you want the listbox to work on
befroe you choose validation.

Hope this helps!

Simon

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Keepitcool!

I remember now the ! is when you name a sheet, well ive only been a
this VB/VBA lark about 7 weeks so not bad though...but glad you wer
there to point me in the right direction <g.

Humbly yours,

Simo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the ! is used when adding name objects to point to the current sheet.
but ALWAYS comes BEFORE the name, never AFTER

it's also used for relative range references in named formulas

worksheets(1).activate

names.add "!localName", activecell
names.add "globalName", activecell

names.add "doubleA", "=!a1*2"
names.add "doubleB", "=b1*2"

worksheets(2).activate

Simon Lloyd wrote:

Thanks Keepitcool!

I remember now the ! is when you name a sheet, well ive only been at
this VB/VBA lark about 7 weeks so not bad though...but glad you were
there to point me in the right direction <g.

Humbly yours,

Simon

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to all....

I had

Data!$A$14:$A$19

Now... I have

Data!Action

Where Action is the named range. Much more better and cleaner for if and when I
have a process to insert into Action I'll have new values for my referring combo
box.

TIA

JeffP.....