Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Move ActiveCell down 12 then add up 11 above....

ok - now how do i Move ActiveCell down 12 then add up 11 above....

Willow: "I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the
slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know."

http://www.buffyslay.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd get the address of the ActiveCell, use Offset to move down 11, and
collect that address. Then Offset down one more and set a SUM formula in the
new ActiveCell using the previously-collected addresses. That's probably
not as pretty a way as someone else could do it, but it would work for me.

Then again, if you didn't actually have to move the ActiveCell, you could
probably collect the row and column indexes and use them to set a Range to
the cells you need, then SUM that range and put the result wherever.

HTH
Ed

wrote in message
ok - now how do i Move ActiveCell down 12 then add up 11 above....

Willow: "I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the
slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know."

http://www.buffyslay.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub AAAA()
ActiveCell.Offset(11, 0).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R[-1]C:R[-11]C)"

Tom Ogilvy