Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assigning a Macro to a Shockwave File

Hello,

Could someone please advise on how to assign an excel macro to a shockwave
file. So when the use clicks on the shockwave file, then the macro is
activated.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you mean an Excel macro, these are stored in workbooks and would have no
connection to a file from an external application. You might be able to
write a vb script that starts shockwave and excel with the open event
triggering the macro. If Shockwave has its own macro language that can
perform automation, then perhaps it could have an auto_open macro that would
start excel and run a macro. I don't know anything about the capabilities
of shockwave, but from an Excel perspective, I don't see what you
specifically ask as being supported.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chris Hankin" wrote in message
Hello,

Could someone please advise on how to assign an excel macro to a shockwave
file. So when the use clicks on the shockwave file, then the macro is
activated.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom for your response.

I have worked a way of embedding a shockwave file into an Excel
worksheet. When the workbook is saved and re-opened, the shockwave file
opens up automatically.

What I used to do is embed various pictures into an Excel worksheet and
assign macros to them. So when a user clicked on the picture, it would
activate the assigned macro.

So now I want to do a similar thing with a shockwave file instead of a
picture.

So when a user clicks on the shockwave file, it activates an assigned
macro. I do not know how to assign a macro to a shockwave file.

There are many software programs out there that create shockwave files -
and I do not understand the programming language of shockwave. It may
not even be possible.

I hope this clarifies this matter.

Kind regards,

Chris.