Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Assigning a Macro to a Shockwave File

If you mean an Excel macro, these are stored in workbooks and would have no
connection to a file from an external application. You might be able to
write a vb script that starts shockwave and excel with the open event
triggering the macro. If Shockwave has its own macro language that can
perform automation, then perhaps it could have an auto_open macro that would
start excel and run a macro. I don't know anything about the capabilities
of shockwave, but from an Excel perspective, I don't see what you
specifically ask as being supported.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chris Hankin" wrote in message
Hello,

Could someone please advise on how to assign an excel macro to a shockwave
file. So when the use clicks on the shockwave file, then the macro is
activated.

Kind regards,

Chris.