Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activating Worksheet Controls - "Excel VBA Problem"

Hi All,

To start with I've no knowledge of VBA. I created a load of ListBo
Controls and commandbuttons to control the ListBox's on a worksheet
I've got some code on each of the commandbuttons to return th
selections from the ListBox. I copied this code from the web and i
works fine.

Now, my problem is that when I save the sheet and re-open it, I canno
access any of the controls on the worksheet (ListBox o
CommandButtons). I need to go into Design View or VB Code at least onc
before they all become active.
I've now been struggling with this for a while, without much success
What am I doing wrong? Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

maybe you are in design mode when you open the workbook.

Try getting them to a point where they work and save your workbook.

Tom Ogilvy

"vinayd " wrote in message
Hi All,

To start with I've no knowledge of VBA. I created a load of ListBox
Controls and commandbuttons to control the ListBox's on a worksheet.
I've got some code on each of the commandbuttons to return the
selections from the ListBox. I copied this code from the web and it
works fine.

Now, my problem is that when I save the sheet and re-open it, I cannot
access any of the controls on the worksheet (ListBox or
CommandButtons). I need to go into Design View or VB Code at least once
before they all become active.
I've now been struggling with this for a while, without much success.
What am I doing wrong? Help!!!!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried your suggestion. It works fine
Saved in Working mode (out of design mode). Re-open the file an
exactly the same issue.
Something I've been thinking about (since I'm a bit of a novice in thi
area). Do I need a macro (or any macro, since I've got none) t
activate the controls or get focus or whatever.
As mentioned earlier, moment I go into design mode and back out i
works fine.

TI

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may not be doing anything wrong at all. The worksheet controls fro
the Controls Toolbox are very bug ridden. The extra features mean mor
problems, especially if using large numbers. Best to use the ones fro
the Forms Toolbox if possible.

That said, it is worth remembering that during development of *any
large workbook Excel seems to be put under a big strain - especially
as is usual, we are making a lot of changes and errors. A complet
crash is not unusual. So keep making backups. When everything i
working correctly it is a good idea to start over with a clea
workbook. It is surprising how little time it takes to put everythin
in place

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've never used the Forms ToolBox (not that I had used the Contro
Toolbox before either), but I can put in code in the Control toolbox t
do what I need. I can't seem to find any similar in the Forms. Als
where do I set props.

I do have approx 90 Control tool widgets on the sheet, so quit
complex. I just noticed that if I touch a few controls by going int
design view then coming out of design view and saving the sheet. If
now re-open the sheet, then those "touched" controls work, but other
don't.
I'm totally perplexe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi All,
Thanks for your responses Brian, you might be onto something here.
had a Freeze in the spread sheet. No where near my ListBox o
CommandButton widgets, but somewhere on the sheet. Momemt I unfreeze i
seems to be OK. I'm not sure what the cause for this is. Unless it
just Excel bieng Quirky. Has anyone seen anything like this before