Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looking for Solutions

You would present a list of suppliers in a combobox or listbox on your
userform

See John Walkenach's page on this:
Filling a ListBox With Unique Items

Once the user has made a selection from this list, you could use the Advance
filter to place the information on another page

Sub CopySupplier()
Dim shSrc as Worksheet
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rng as Range, cell as Range
Dim res as Variant
set ShSrc = Worksheets("Data")
Worksheets.Add
set sh = Activesheet
'Set the criteria range to match supplier
sh.Range("N1:N2").Value "=" & Userform5.Listbox1.Value
Sheets("Sheet5").Select
Sheets("Data").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Columns(" A:F").AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CriteriaRange:=Sheets("Data").Range("N1:N2"), _
CopyToRange:=Sh.Range("A1"), _
Unique:=False
with sh
set rng = .Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
for each cell in rng.Resize(1,12)
if isnumeric(cell.offset(-1,0)) then
cell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R2C:R[-1]C)"
end if
next
res = Msgbox("print Sheets", vbYesNo)
if res = vbYes then
sh.Printout
sh.Delete
end if
End With
End Sub

You could have the option to print as a choice in the userform and just
check it as part of your code. It is unclear what you want to happen if the
option to print is not selected. Seems like deleting the form at the point
would be a waste

The above code is untested and may have typos, but should represent a basic
approach.

Tom Ogilvy

"steve_doc" wrote in message
Hi again all
I am looking for a solution to a specific Excel application that I am

Attempting to write. I will try to explain, forgive me if it is not clear to
see.

In its simplist form it is a Journal of entries, with Sales and Purchases.
The Workbook has been set up in the following way.

Sheet 1 = Data (Base data to be used and referenced)
Sheet 2 = Company Accounts (Col A-F = Purcase entries)(G-L = Sales

entries)
1 entry per row starting with the Customer/Supplier Name

Imput to all these Sheets is done by UserForms, which have been set up and

are working correctly.

What i would like to do is with a form, be able to list all Purchase

enties by 1 supplier, ie on selection of that "client" the form would:

1.Open a new Sheet with the "clients" Name
2.List all transaction relevant to that supplier
3.Sub total the account
4.Have the option to print said summary
5.Either Clear all data, from sheet, or delete sheet.

I looked at the option to have a seperate sheet per client, but the size

of the Workbook, could be limiting

I have very little knowledge of VBA, although I am learning(slowly), so if

some explanations of how, why, and what would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
Steve