Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default probrem linking a chart

Hi, i want to link a chart with another worksheet in the sme workbook
as the chart.

On the sheet 'graphique' i have my chart.
On the sheet 'OEE' i have something like 3000 column. I want something
like; everytime the person click on the update_chart button the range
for the graph selected value use the next column.
ie:

may 10 may17 may 24 ......
prod1 25% 30% 17%
prod2 66% 53% 87%

My chart is like that:
may 10

100% |
80% |
60% |
40% | _____
20% |_____ | |
0% | | | |
|----------------------
prod 1 prod 2 ............i have 15 prod.

____________________
|update_chart_button |
|____________________|

so everytime the person click the update chart button it updates the
graph with new data from the new date. ie: clicking on the button with
go select data of may 17. clicking again will select may 24 data. and
so on....i've got 3000 columns at least. i dont know if somebody can
help me out. Can we do something with selecting the date (inserting
the date) and it will go find the right column and use the value of
the column.thx (by the way i'm new to VBA but i've been using macro
for a long time)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless there is a reason not to update the chart automatically, you might be
better served by using a dynamic range approach

for instance, assume your dates are in Row1

Insert=Names

Name: ChartData
Refers:
=offset(OEE!$A$1,1,CountA(OEE!$A$1:$IV$1),3000,1)

Now you can set the source for your chart to this defined name

=OEE!ChartData

I assume when you say you have 3000 column, you mean 3000 rows since excel
only support 256 columns.

Anyway, using this approach, you will always graph the last column that has
a date in row 1.

Tom Ogilvy

"yugo" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi, sorry i meant 245 column, (its gives me around 3000 cells)
i'll try your answer. thx