Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ComboBox & ListBox problem

Sorry for trouble u all again... (I know I'm quite troublesome...)

My problem is like this:

I got a userform, which consists of a comboBox to let people choos
their name. The row source of the comboBox is refer to sheet2, wher
sheet 2 store the user name, and their hourly payment rate. They got
different hourly payment rate which is $20 and $30 respectively.

I had tried several methods... But I duno how to do so that when the
select the username that time, it will match the username in sheet
and then copy their hourly payment rate and placed in sheet 1 .... Wha
I had done is, it just copied and paste the user name only...

Sample Data in sheet 2:
column A column B
David $20
Dould $30
Owen $20
Hulad $20

How I can do so that when the user select "David" in the comboBox, hi
hourly payment $20 will be select and paste in the column next to hi
username in sheet 1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another problem is, my user form got a listbox in it. So, when the use
select their name in combobox, and key in some data in the userform an
submit that time, their details will be display in a listbox that i
also in the userform.

My userform is for 30 user to fill in their daily activity. So, over
month, there will be many data in the spreadsheet. How I can do so tha
when they select "view" button that time, they can just see what the
had typed in over the month? and they cannot view what others ha
typed?

My listbox function now is just can display all the entries that ha
made.... but not specify to each user.... How I can specify so that th
user can just view his entries only?

Any help would be very appreciate.... :

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just use a lookup in Sheet 1, like

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B50,2,False)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"unplugs " wrote in message
Sorry for trouble u all again... (I know I'm quite troublesome...)

My problem is like this:

I got a userform, which consists of a comboBox to let people choose
their name. The row source of the comboBox is refer to sheet2, where
sheet 2 store the user name, and their hourly payment rate. They got 2
different hourly payment rate which is $20 and $30 respectively.

I had tried several methods... But I duno how to do so that when they
select the username that time, it will match the username in sheet 2
and then copy their hourly payment rate and placed in sheet 1 .... What
I had done is, it just copied and paste the user name only...

Sample Data in sheet 2:
column A column B
David $20
Dould $30
Owen $20
Hulad $20

How I can do so that when the user select "David" in the comboBox, his
hourly payment $20 will be select and paste in the column next to his
username in sheet 1?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Bob Phillips
Can u describe more about the VLookup function..? And how I ca
do that programmatically?

ComboBox & ListBox problem
Why not just use a lookup in Sheet 1, like

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B50,2,False)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
try somthing like

if me.combobox1.value = "Dave" then
sheets(1).cells(yourow, your colum).value = 20
else if me.comobo1.value = "next" then
and so on

if i was you though, i would bet up each user with a seprate part on
the sheet, say 10 cols ecah, then you could just fill down the hourly
rate colum, and...

to show what they had entred, use
if combobox.value = "Dave" then
hide cols not for this person
etc.

not very good, becasue the perosnse could easily pick some else name,
so you may need to issue passwords?,

you should also use the very hiden method to hide the workbook, and
copy the data accross when a user request it.

Good Luck

Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

res = application.Vlookup(Range("A1").Value, _
worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1:B50"),2,False)
if not iserror(res) then
cell.offset(0,1).Value = res
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"unplugs " wrote in message
Dear Bob Phillips
Can u describe more about the VLookup function..? And how I can
do that programmatically?

ComboBox & ListBox problem
Why not just use a lookup in Sheet 1, like

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B50,2,False)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips
.. looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the response... Ross and Tom...

Tom, I am a bit slow... and can't catch what u trying to guide me..
:<

Ross, ur method is ok... And I'm using now....Anyway, there ar
problems if doing so....below is my code:

If ComboBox1.Text = " " Then
MsgBox "You must choose your name. "
Exit Sub
Else
If ComboBox1.Text = "David" Then
wage = 20
Else
If ComboBox1.Text="Dould" then
wage = 30
Else
If ComboBox1.Text="Owen" then
wage = 20
Else
If ComboBox1.Text="Hulad" then
wage = 20
........( another 30+ name,data here)

This is my problem... My data are all store in sheet 2 from colum
A1:B31....Since I don't know how to compare the entries that I get an
compare to the data that I stored in sheet 2, I use this method.... an
I will need to key in up to 30-40 lines of codes because of this nam
comparison.... How I can do to shorten my codes??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Juz to make somethng clear...

My problem is when I select "name" from combobox in sheet 1, it wil
get the wage from sheet 2 that I had stored there and display in shee
1 in the same row as the entries that I had made...

Sorry if got anythings confuse u all... I know my description for m
problem is quite poor... :<

And I hope I can listen to any solution to tat... Else, there is
tedious job for me to code the long codes..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok... With the help of Tom, I had figure out I can use vlookup to get m
data in sheet 2... Can u all help me to debug the following code? I
gave me error msg... Sorry for asking so much Q..

CostCenter = Application.VLookup(Range("RangeName").Value, _
Worksheets("sheet2").Range("Rlookup"), 2, False)
If Not IsError(CostCenter) Then
cell.Offset(0, 1).Value = CostCenter
End If

wage = Application.VLookup(Range("RangeName").Value, _
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("Rlookup"), 3, False)
If Not IsError(wage) Then
cell.Offset(0, 1).Value = wage
End I

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok... I think I know the answer... after many time I had tried!!!
:)

Cells(NextRow, 9) = "=VLOOKUP(RangeName,Rlookup,3,FALSE)"

Juz insert the vlookup function like this in my vba code... and I go
it! :