Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import Text File

I would like in plain english something the exact way to write a macro
to import a text file with the name of c:\Nada and have it parsed.

I know nothing about writing macros with excel and just want something
simple.

Thanks
jc lewis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Turn on the macro recorder and then do

Data=Get External data = Import Text file and walk through the wizard.

Once the file is imported, turn off the macro recorder and you have your
code.

Assumes xl2000 or later

Tom Ogilvy

"jc lewis" wrote in message
om...
I would like in plain english something the exact way to write a macro
to import a text file with the name of c:\Nada and have it parsed.

I know nothing about writing macros with excel and just want something
simple.

Thanks
jc lewis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

jc,

If you have Excel 2002, you can use Data - Get External Data. It will step
you through the import wizard pretty much as usual, allowing you to select
delimiters, column formatting, etc. It reads into an existing worksheet --
you choose where. Then to read the file again, right click in the area of
the import and choose refresh. No code.

--
Earl Kiosterud

om...