Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Event Code

Hi group
I am using a worksheet event code to handle 3 condition formatting. The criteria cells are all linked to other sheets. How can I get the formatting updated since there is no manual change on the sheet? Also, I would like to only format the cells 0 in addition to the other criteria.

A1:A9 is car, train, plane, bike, or boat
B1:H1 is 0-10
If A1 is Car and B1 0 then RED
If A1 is Car and B2=0 then no format

My Code.....

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A9")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Select Case LCase(.Value)
Case "Car": .Offset(0, 7).Resize(1, 7).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Case "Boat": .Offset(0, 7).Resize(1, 7).Interior.ColorIndex = 5
Case "Bike": .Offset(0, 7).Resize(1, 7).Interior.ColorIndex = 10
Case "Train": .Offset(0, 7).Resize(1, 7).Interior.ColorIndex = 19
Case "Plane": .Offset(0, 7).Resize(1, 7).Interior.ColorIndex = 20
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the calculation event instead of change.

You will have to update all the cells regardless of what has changed, so the
Target variable will not be used.

Tom Ogilvy