Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove password at the time of opening the workbook

Save the workbook without a password. You should be able to do this by
doing Save Copy As and give it a new name. Don't specify a password.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sudarshan Shirbahadurkar" <Sudarshan
wrote in message

I have one excel file, which prompts the input box for password to open

the workbook. I know the password but wanted to disable this feature. How to
do this.
I don't want to prompt any message to user while opening the excel file.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK. A couple of corrections.

First, it should be SAVE AS, not SAVE Copy AS

Second, when you get to the point where you assign the names, go to Tools =
general options, and you get the password dialog. Clear the dialogs so
there is no password and click OK, continue the SAVE AS.

This worked for me in Excel 2000. In other versions of Excel, the options
on the save dialog may not be under tools - as in example in xl97, there is
an options button as I recall. So you may have to adapt slightly for your
specific version, but if you clear the password, it should work.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sudarshan Shirbahadurkar"
wrote in message
I tried that way, but new workbook ( after save as) also asks for

password.