Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I remove a password that was copied to a new workbook?

I copied a file that was saved as FY08 and was password protected. I want to
call this file FY09 and have it password protected. My problem is when I open
file FY09 I have to enter the password for FY08 and then for FY09 before it
will let me open the workbook for use.

How can I get rid of needing to enter the password for FY08 and only have to
enter the FY09 password.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm guessing that you have a link back to the FY08 workbook. And when excel
tries to refresh that formula/link, it needs to know the password so that it can
get the value.

I would use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
to find that link.

But I'm not sure what you're going to do next.

Do you point the link at a cell in the FY09 workbook? Do you convert the
formula to values????

--

Dave Peterson