Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Book 1 auto opening

Using VB on a NT platform, I open an Excel file from an
Access Database. The problem is that not only the
requested file opens, but also Book1.xls as well. How do
I stop Excel opening 2 fles, the requested one and a
Book1.xls?
Any help would really be appreciated.
Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark

Go to StartSettingsFolderOptionsFile Types. Scroll down to MS Excel
Worksheet. Then if running Win98 OS Edit select "Open" and Edit.

If using WinXP OS you would scroll down to .XLS then "Advanced"OpenEdit.

In Command line the path should be similar to this....

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\EXCEL.EXE" /e (delete the <sp/e if
you want Book1 to open).

You must have the double quotes.

Below have "use DDE" checked and this in the DDE message box....[open("%1")]

Application should read "Excel"(no quotes)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:44:31 -0700, "Mark Goulty"
wrote:

Using VB on a NT platform, I open an Excel file from an
Access Database. The problem is that not only the
requested file opens, but also Book1.xls as well. How do
I stop Excel opening 2 fles, the requested one and a
Book1.xls?
Any help would really be appreciated.
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gord,
Many thanks for the response.
I'm working on Windows NT. I've looked for a similar path and
properties etc, but can't find that which you refer to. Any ideas.
Thanks again for your help so far, I really appreciate it.
Mark