Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Textbox question 2

Now that harald has helped me with the code for the autocomplete coud him or
someone help me with the backspace key to work in the textbox

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess my answer to your question unfortanually is yes

If you could help me that would be great otherwise i will keep on reading
and looking till i get it to work using the textbox
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
The functionality is built into a Combobox - it also supports the
backspace - so you want someone to help you reinvent the wheel?

Tom Ogilvy

"Rich Cooper" wrote in message
Now that harald has helped me with the code for the autocomplete coud

him
or
someone help me with the backspace key to work in the textbox

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can only guess that you do not realize that if you use a combobox, set the
range as the rowsource and set the property

ShowDropDownWhen to fmShowDropButtonWhenNever
Match Entry to FmMatchEntryComplete (the default)

that the dropdown will never display and you get the functionality you have
right now plus the backspace and so forth are handled all with no additional
code.

So, saying you won't use the Combobox sounds like you just don't know this.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
The functionality is built into a Combobox - it also supports the
backspace - so you want someone to help you reinvent the wheel?

Tom Ogilvy

"Rich Cooper" wrote in message
Now that harald has helped me with the code for the autocomplete coud

him
or
someone help me with the backspace key to work in the textbox

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, i understand the combobox and all, i am creating a report for a client
and they are requested if it could be done by a textbox so i am trying that
first....else i will do the combobox if all else fails