Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.controls,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Default Rich Text Control will not load in Office VBA apps.

We use the Rich Text Control in our VBA application. But with the latest
patches for Office, the control is marked as unsafe and is explained he

http://support.microsoft.com/default...8010#appliesto

It says the resolution is to "....If you have to provide the functionality
of this control, create a "container" control, such as a Microsoft Visual
Basic 6.0 UserControl control....". Does anyone have instructions on how to
do this?

--

Julian Milano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.controls,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

"Julian Milano" wrote in message
We use the Rich Text Control in our VBA application. But with the latest
patches for Office, the control is marked as unsafe and is explained he

http://support.microsoft.com/default...8010#appliesto

It says the resolution is to "....If you have to provide the functionality
of this control, create a "container" control, such as a Microsoft Visual
Basic 6.0 UserControl control....". Does anyone have instructions on how

do this?

The VB help files explain all about how to create a usercontrol.
Your control can contain any number of intrinsic or activex control such as
the richtextbox. There's a section in the help named "Exposing Properties of
Constituent Controls" that explains how to expose the properties of the
richtextbox from your usercontrol.

--
Björn Holmgren
Guide Konsult AB