Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default size of excel files

Hi is there anyway to find out exactly what in an excel
file is contributing to its size? I wish to optimize for
size. The spreadheet has a significant number of charts,
worksheets, some VBA (which originally had a huge number
of code until I reedited). The file is currently 1Mb.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Thanks.....,
Nothing specific but a recent request to split a workbook up into
separate files for each worksheet does provide the means to see
which sheets are taking up the most space by browsing the directory
created that holds the individual sheets.
Saveas, Save each worksheet as a separate workbook
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/saveas.htm
---
HTH,

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message ...
Hi
only some things to test:
- used range of your sheets
- number of formulas
- inserted pictures
- charts, etc.

But AFAIK there's no method to determine which of these parts are
causing which amount of memory usage

wrote:
Hi is there anyway to find out exactly what in an excel
file is contributing to its size? I wish to optimize for
size. The spreadheet has a significant number of charts,
worksheets, some VBA (which originally had a huge number
of code until I reedited). The file is currently 1Mb.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanks guys... I was hoping there is an easy way.. But
your advice has narrowed the problem down for me..

Thanks

.