Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Broken reference for chr function

I have all the normal references set like:

VBA
Excel 10.0 Object library
Windows common controls 6.0
VBA for applications extensibility 5.3
ActiveX data objects 2.8

When I compile my VBA code containing the chr function, which I thought was
very common, I get a "Can't find project or library" error message with chr
highlighted. Is there another reference I should set in my workbook to
prevent this?

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

More than likely there is a broken reference.
Commonly occurs on a different PC to the developer due to some component not
installed.

From VBA | Tools | References, check for a reference which says Broken.

Suspect it is ActiveX Data Objects 2.8

"Bill Murphy" wrote in message
I have all the normal references set like:

VBA
Excel 10.0 Object library
Windows common controls 6.0
VBA for applications extensibility 5.3
ActiveX data objects 2.8

When I compile my VBA code containing the chr function, which I thought

was
very common, I get a "Can't find project or library" error message with

chr
highlighted. Is there another reference I should set in my workbook to
prevent this?

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob,

I checked my references, and none of them say broken or missing. Are there
any other references that you feel I need to get the chr function?

Bill

"Rob van Gelder" wrote in message
More than likely there is a broken reference.
Commonly occurs on a different PC to the developer due to some component

not
installed.

From VBA | Tools | References, check for a reference which says Broken.

Suspect it is ActiveX Data Objects 2.8

"Bill Murphy" wrote in message
I have all the normal references set like:

VBA
Excel 10.0 Object library
Windows common controls 6.0
VBA for applications extensibility 5.3
ActiveX data objects 2.8

When I compile my VBA code containing the chr function, which I thought

was
very common, I get a "Can't find project or library" error message with

chr
highlighted. Is there another reference I should set in my workbook to
prevent this?

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In my experience, VBA functions which suddenly appear invalid are caused by
References being unavailable on the target PC.
Try unchecking each reference. Run again. Check the reference again. Run
again.

Chr is a function of the "Visual Basic for Applications" Reference.

Can you describe how this problem started? Are you running it on a PC
difference from your development PC?

"Bill Murphy" wrote in message
Rob,

I checked my references, and none of them say broken or missing. Are

there
any other references that you feel I need to get the chr function?

Bill

"Rob van Gelder" wrote in message
More than likely there is a broken reference.
Commonly occurs on a different PC to the developer due to some component

not
installed.

From VBA | Tools | References, check for a reference which says Broken.