Alex

Default Linest: problems using broken reference data

I have as extensive data set and some data is missing in places, I want to
use linest and reference my X and Y variables to multiple non-connecting
cells. Ive tried the standard form for referencing multiple cells (A4:D4,
F4) but linest wont recognize the reference. Does any one have any
suggestions?

Example of data set

X Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 Y5 €¦€¦€¦.
1 2 2 3 6 3
2 1 N/A 2 3 1
3 1 2 4 1 2
4 N/A 1 5 3 1
5 N/A 3 5 2 N/A
6 2 3 6 1 4
..
..
I want slope of each data set.

Jerry W. Lewis

How does this differ from your post of the previous evening, that was
addressed in that thread?

Jerry

Alex wrote:

I have as extensive data set and some data is missing in places, I want to
use linest and reference my X and Y variables to multiple non-connecting
cells. Ive tried the standard form for referencing multiple cells (A4:D4,
F4) but linest wont recognize the reference. Does any one have any
suggestions?

Example of data set

X Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 Y5 €¦€¦€¦.
1 2 2 3 6 3