Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Automatic userform to input data to spreadsheet

I am using a userform to input 17 different pieces of data into 17 textboxes/comboboxes. When the data has been input, and I presses a button, I want it to place this data into cells on my spreadsheet. The first piece of data in cell "B2", the second into "C2" and so on down the row. Each of the input boxes has a different name which I gave it to make it easier for me to keep track of, like "username" instead of "combobox1", etc. Is there an automated way of having it input the data into the correct cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No automatic way.

You have to write each value.

If you textboxes had less meaningful names, such as combobox1, you might be
able to shorten your code.

if iempty(Range("B2")) then
set rng = Range("B2")
elseif isempty(Range("B3")) then
set rng = Range("B3")
Else
set rng = Range("B2").End(xldown)(2)
End if
rng(1,1).Value = Control1.Text
rng(1,2).Value = Control2.Text
rng(1,3).Value = Control3.Text

replace control1 and so forth with your meaningful names.

Tom Ogilvy