Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Relative References for macros

I seem to need a lot of help for coding when I can't use record macro to
figure out certain things, particularly things that involve relative
movements within a worksheet. Somewhere in my very distant past, perhaps
with LOTUS, I seem to recall there was a way to record so that it would
record the relative changes (like going down 100 rows) rather than going
from row 4 to 104. Is there still such a capability with EXCEL macros. If
so, will it do the things I am thinking of?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you could also set this option for recording macros. Another way is
using offset. e.g.
activecell.offset(100,0).select

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Grace wrote:
I seem to need a lot of help for coding when I can't use record macro
to figure out certain things, particularly things that involve
relative movements within a worksheet. Somewhere in my very distant
past, perhaps with LOTUS, I seem to recall there was a way to record
so that it would record the relative changes (like going down 100
rows) rather than going from row 4 to 104. Is there still such a
capability with EXCEL macros. If so, will it do the things I am
thinking of?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Start recording and it should appear. If it doesn't, start recording, then
go to View=Toolbars and select the stop recording toolbar. Now click the
stop button.

The toolbar should disappear, but should reappear if you start recording
again. Avoid clicking the little x in the upper right of the toolbar to
make it disappear - once you do, you will have to repeat the above to get it
to appear again.

Tom Ogilvy