Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Decoding a Range String

sStr = "B11:Z56"
set rng = Range(sStr)
rng.column ' begin column
rng.Row ' begin row

rng.columns(rng.columns.count).Column ' end column
rng.Rows.(rng.rows.count).Row ' end row

Tom Ogilvy

"John Kauffman" wrote in message
Hello.

I am writing a userform to collect a range from the user, manipulating the

selected array of data, and then generating the results in other worksheets.
I need to use the selected string to decide which columns to manipulate in
the other worksheets, so I need to decode the "selected range" string into
BeginRow, EndRow, BeginColumn and EndColumn. I can imagine an algorithm to
do this based on ASC and CHR conversions using the MID function, but I
wonder it there is an easier way such as an existing VBA function that will
take care of this for me.

Thanks,

John Kauffman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just what I was hoping for. It works.

Thanks

John Kauffma

----- Tom Ogilvy wrote: ----

sStr = "B11:Z56
set rng = Range(sStr
rng.column ' begin colum
rng.Row ' begin ro

--
Regards
Tom Ogilv

"John Kauffman" wrote in messag
..
Hello
I am writing a userform to collect a range from the user, manipulating th

selected array of data, and then generating the results in other worksheets
I need to use the selected string to decide which columns to manipulate i
the other worksheets, so I need to decode the "selected range" string int
BeginRow, EndRow, BeginColumn and EndColumn. I can imagine an algorithm t
do this based on ASC and CHR conversions using the MID function, but
wonder it there is an easier way such as an existing VBA function that wil
take care of this for me
Thanks
John Kauffma