Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Message Boxes

I have a series of Macros that take some time to run
through. They involve the opening and closing of several
Excel files. At the end I have a message box explaining
that the process is complete.

But what I want is a message to come up at the start of
the process, telling the user to wait. I don't want any
buttons on this message, and I want it to always be on
top. Once the macro completes I want the message to close
on its own and my current message box to come up.

Can this be done? If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

John Walkenbach's
is a good start.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Keith" skrev i melding
I have a series of Macros that take some time to run
through. They involve the opening and closing of several
Excel files. At the end I have a message box explaining
that the process is complete.

But what I want is a message to come up at the start of
the process, telling the user to wait. I don't want any
buttons on this message, and I want it to always be on
top. Once the macro completes I want the message to close
on its own and my current message box to come up.

Can this be done? If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith,

What you describe is a form, not a message box! Make a simple form with your
"please wait" message, make it load & show at the beginning, and hide it at
the end. You might even use a progress bar and advance it upon opening /
closing files, so you give the users something to look at during the
process, and know it's running.

HTH,
Nikos

"Keith" wrote in message
I have a series of Macros that take some time to run
through. They involve the opening and closing of several
Excel files. At the end I have a message box explaining
that the process is complete.

But what I want is a message to come up at the start of
the process, telling the user to wait. I don't want any
buttons on this message, and I want it to always be on
top. Once the macro completes I want the message to close
on its own and my current message box to come up.

Can this be done? If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith,

You might want a progress bar. I like this one

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm

--

HTH

Bob Phillips