Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic Saving

Hi All,

Sub Saver ()
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Binder"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="AC2.xls"
End Sub

This is part of a macro I use to edit and save several workbooks that are
sent to me daily. What I want it to do is for it offer me the option to
specify the file name that I save it as.

As it is, it saves as the current filename, albeit that it warns me that I
am going to overwrite an existing file. This is of no use to me as part of
the filename is the current date.

In short, I want to replicate the 'Save As' command where I can specify what
I save and where I save it to,

Hope I'm making some sort of sense,

Any help very much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alan

You can use
Application.GetSaveAsFilename

Look in the VBA help for more information

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Alan" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

Sub Saver ()
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Binder"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="AC2.xls"
End Sub

This is part of a macro I use to edit and save several workbooks that are
sent to me daily. What I want it to do is for it offer me the option to
specify the file name that I save it as.

As it is, it saves as the current filename, albeit that it warns me that I
am going to overwrite an existing file. This is of no use to me as part of
the filename is the current date.

In short, I want to replicate the 'Save As' command where I can specify what
I save and where I save it to,

Hope I'm making some sort of sense,

Any help very much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try something like

Sub Saver ()
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Binder"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="AC2" & Format(Date,"yyyy mm dd") & ".xls"

HTH

Bob Phillips