Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Automatic Saving

Hi Alan

You can use
Application.GetSaveAsFilename

Look in the VBA help for more information

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Alan" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

Sub Saver ()
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Binder"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="AC2.xls"
End Sub

This is part of a macro I use to edit and save several workbooks that are
sent to me daily. What I want it to do is for it offer me the option to
specify the file name that I save it as.

As it is, it saves as the current filename, albeit that it warns me that I
am going to overwrite an existing file. This is of no use to me as part of
the filename is the current date.

In short, I want to replicate the 'Save As' command where I can specify what
I save and where I save it to,

Hope I'm making some sort of sense,

Any help very much appreciated,

Regards,