Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open workbook that is protected with password

Hi I have a workbook that is saved with a password.

I want to create a macro that will opne up this file because it know
the password, eg:

Dim password
password = "letmein"
Dim path
Dim filename
Workbook.open = path & filename 'With password!

Can anyone help with this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry about this, ive worked it out. Cancel pos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ian,

You can include the password in the Open method. E.g.,

Workbooks.Open Filename:=Path & Filename, Password:=Password

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ianripping " wrote
in message ...
Hi I have a workbook that is saved with a password.

I want to create a macro that will opne up this file because it

knows
the password, eg:

Dim password
password = "letmein"
Dim path
Dim filename
Workbook.open = path & filename 'With password!

Can anyone help with this?

---