Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating/programming an Excel dynamic graph

Hi,

I'm facing a problem at the moment that with my own knowledge i can'
solve at the moment and it drives me crazy.

I would like to create an Excelsheet in which an unknown amount o
variables can be entered, to which a value is assigned. So say i hav
20 variables for my case, i want to enter 20 variable names in a ce
and then assign either the value 1,2 or to those variables, which in m
case means the level of impact of the variable. So in column A i hav
my 20 variable names, in column B my 20 impact values. In column B
also apply conditional formatting to make the cell color chang
depending on the entered inmpact value (1=green, 2=orange, 3=red).

What I'd now like to do is have some programming logic that is able t
create a graph with my 20 variables on the x-axis (and in general th
amount of variables for a graph is variable) and has the impact value
on the y-axis. Point of the graph should be to show variable 1 ha
impact 2 (and I would like the color of the corresponding bar to b
orange in this case), variable 2 has impact 1 and has a green bar wit
height 1 on the y-axis.

Is this possible with visual basic or is there a better solution to m
problem? I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,

regard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Have a look at these two examples on Jon's site.
You should be able to combine the dynamic chart and conditional charting
techniques.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...html#CondChart
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...html#DynColCht

Cheers
Andy

SeqZ < wrote:

Hi,

I'm facing a problem at the moment that with my own knowledge i can't
solve at the moment and it drives me crazy.

I would like to create an Excelsheet in which an unknown amount of
variables can be entered, to which a value is assigned. So say i have
20 variables for my case, i want to enter 20 variable names in a cel
and then assign either the value 1,2 or to those variables, which in my
case means the level of impact of the variable. So in column A i have
my 20 variable names, in column B my 20 impact values. In column B I
also apply conditional formatting to make the cell color change
depending on the entered inmpact value (1=green, 2=orange, 3=red).

What I'd now like to do is have some programming logic that is able to
create a graph with my 20 variables on the x-axis (and in general the
amount of variables for a graph is variable) and has the impact values
on the y-axis. Point of the graph should be to show variable 1 has
impact 2 (and I would like the color of the corresponding bar to be
orange in this case), variable 2 has impact 1 and has a green bar with
height 1 on the y-axis.

Is this possible with visual basic or is there a better solution to my
problem? I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,

regards

---

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel