Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MsComm32.ocx not registered

Hi everyone,

I am having a nagging issue with mscomm32.ocx. What is
happening is I can see it in my tools menu but when I try
to use it I get a "The control could not be created
because it is not properly licenced." OK, so I go register
it using the REGSVR32. It says it registerd successful. I
go to use it and I get the same error message. WHAT GIVES?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No one gives. If you want to use external controls with Office, you need a
license to use them in design time, to create applications containing them.
Regsvr32 just enables them to run. Usuallhy you need a license of Office
Developer or Visual Studion or another developer app for each computer that
runs this thing.

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Eric" skrev i melding