Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cursor cell selector is displayed again

Dear All,

I am using Excel 2000. I have written an application. When I save a
workbook by hand and hereafter I open the same workbook again I notice
that I have now two cursor cell selectors. When I press the page down
and page up keys the wrong cursor cell selector will disappear.

Can somebody tells me why this happens and what can I do about it ?

Kind regards,

Robert Kempers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Correct. I am using a macro which is setting screenupdating to false at
the start of the code. By ending the macro I put it back to true.

What are you trying to tell me ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

your asking a question why your screen isn't updated
(and you see the "double cursor")

You sure your code reaches the end (where you reset it to true) and
doesn't bug out on an error before it reaches that line?

Also: Menu.Animation (right click toolbar,customize/tab options) =
if it's on SLIDE my system tends to have these hiccups.
Fade takes less processor time.

keepITcool

Robert Kempers wrote:

Correct. I am using a macro which is setting screenupdating to false at
the start of the code. By ending the macro I put it back to true.

What are you trying to tell me ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Robert,
Do you mean you have two cursors.
-- two cells selected,
--- two active cells (like more than one fill handle)
Look on the Status Bar first before hitting F8
do you see EXT or ALT use F8 to remove Extended mode
Have you lost control of anything, if so what?
Can you select one cell, a range of cells

If you have a lot of cells that appear to be selected ,
or you see two cells that have the fill handle, or you
can't do anything -- moving the mouse may show selections
for other cells but you're not pressing down on either button.
see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.htm
---
HTH,