Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Click events on charts

I am trying to respond to a MouseUp event on a chart. I
can set up the chart as a class object and see its
Activate event operate but I still can't get it to respond
to a click. I think the problem is that by the time I can
click on the chart, the VBA program has finished, hence it
is not listening for events. Any suggestions?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve,

I am not sure if it will work for your purpose, but you can right-click on
the chart and choose assign macro. It runs the assigned macro when the chart
is clicked on.

HTH, Greg

"Steve" wrote in message
I am trying to respond to a MouseUp event on a chart. I
can set up the chart as a class object and see its
Activate event operate but I still can't get it to respond
to a click. I think the problem is that by the time I can
click on the chart, the VBA program has finished, hence it
is not listening for events. Any suggestions?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve -

Your approach needs to change. The macro can't just stop in the middle
awaiting your click. Perhaps you can break your macro into parts, and
end the first when you need the click. The click triggers an event,
which starts the second macro.

It's like working with modeless forms: execution doesn't stop just
because you show the form.

Steve wrote:

Thanks, Greg. The problem is that the click on the chart
is supposed to occur as an input to an already running
macro.

Steve

I am not sure if it will work for your purpose, but you

can right-click on

the chart and choose assign macro. It runs the assigned

macro when the chart

is clicked on.

HTH, Greg

"Steve" wrote in