Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default More than 1 workbook in a VBAProject

I have a workbook that I inherited, but it has the strange property of
having a "ThisWorkbook" object and a "ThisWorkbook1" object. There are
also several sheet objects that do not correspond to any worksheet,
visible or otherwise, and when I look at the properties window when
selecting those sheets on the Project Explorer, these phantom sheets
have the properties of "ThisWorkbook1".

It is very strange. I asked a microsoft expert here at work and he said
that its just not possible. The file was somehow corrupted. However,
it continues to work properly, and I have been using it for almost a year.

I am just curious what this is, what exactly it means, and how it might
have happened. Does anyone know? If anyone wants to see it, I can
strip it of all company-specific data, and send them the workbook with
the two ThisWorkbook objects.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would like to see that. Please post it or e-mail it to me:

Thanks

--
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pikus,

Could you add it this thread as i'm curious too!!

All i can think of is a class module has been used or an objec
variable is defined somewhere....

Dunca

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please, no.

Do *not* post workbooks as attachments to newsgroup posts.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , DNF Karran
says...
Pikus,

Could you add it this thread as i'm curious too!!

All i can think of is a class module has been used or an object
variable is defined somewhere....

Duncan

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pikus , your in the Excel Forum; Tushar is in a newsgroup. For the forum,
there are provisions for attaching binaries - so you can post them there if
you desire. For the newsgroup, it is discouraged because of the storage
overhead and so forth since this is a non-binaries newsgroup. R Avery is
posting in the newsgroup.

Tom Ogilvy

"pikus " wrote in message
Why not?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, the "ThisWorkbook" and "ThisWorkbook1" both have the same worksheet
icon with the little green "XL".

In a new workbook, I tried exporting and re-importing "ThisWorkbook".
It was imported as a class module with the standard class module icon.
This is not what has happened to the workbook I am talking about.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I will not post the workbook to the newsgroup, but rather email it to
anyone who gives me their email address.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also, you know how you can refer to a worksheet by its code name? Well,
I tried to do that for the phantom sheets, "?Sheet1.Name" in the
immediate window, and I get the following error:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object