Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Communicating errors from a custom function in an add-in

Excel 2003 has these perky little green triangles that will expand to show detailed error messages for built-in functions. Is there a way that I can communicate an error other than #VALUE or #N/A from my custom C++ add-in function? If there is an answer from VB that would be ok too

Thanks
Thomas Smith
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Thomas Smith" wrote:

Excel 2003 has these perky little green triangles that will expand to
show detailed error messages for built-in functions. Is there a way
that I can communicate an error other than #VALUE or #N/A from
my custom C++ add-in function? If there is an answer from VB that would

be ok too.

You can return other error XLOPERs like #NUM or #NULL but there seems to be
no way to return an error message. For ManagedXLL, I have been using a
separate window to log such messages.

Jens.

--
http://ManagedXLL.net/
Replace MSDN with my first name when replying to my email address!