Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programming Excel "drop-down menu" functions

I am trying to program an Excel workbook, so as to minimise the user's keyboard actions. The actions I am trying to macro/prog. are as follows:

1. After data has been entered on a worksheet, activate SAVE AS for the workbook, the user then inserts a "name" for the file (XLW extension inserted automatically), accepts

2. On completion of the above, designated cells are "cleared" and workbook SAVED with a predefined name & extension

Purpose is to eliminate possible user errors. Any assistance gratfully rec'd

Dave G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do
sFile = InputBox("Filename")
Loop Until sFile < ""
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=sFile & ".xlw", _
FileFormat:=xlExcel4Workbook

What does this have to do with a drop-down menu?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DaveG." wrote in message
I am trying to program an Excel workbook, so as to minimise the user's

keyboard actions. The actions I am trying to macro/prog. are as follows:-

1. After data has been entered on a worksheet, activate SAVE AS for the

workbook, the user then inserts a "name" for the file (XLW extension
inserted automatically), accepts.

2. On completion of the above, designated cells are "cleared" and workbook

SAVED with a predefined name & extension.

Purpose is to eliminate possible user errors. Any assistance gratfully

rec'd.

Dave G.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

Many thanks for your reply. However, you answered the 1st part of my
problem, could I ask you to look at the 2nd part (clearing selected
cells, then saving the workbook.

BTW - I have a friend who lives in Christchurch, near the river, I can
understand the pleasure of your location. Nice part of the country.

Rgds., Dave G.