Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel/VBA - Synchronize combobox values

Hello,

I know there is a fairly simple solution to this, but it has eluded m
so far.

Using VBA code, I'm trying to pass a user selected value from Combobox
on Sheet2("Step 2") to a Combobox1 on sheet3("Step 3").

Both comboboxes are filled by the same range from a sheet calle
SpeciesList (A2:A30).

I've tried this:

Public Sub ComboBox1_Click()
Sheets("Step 2").ComboBox1.Value = Sheets("Step 3").ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

or this:

Public Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Sheets("Step 2").ComboBox1.Value = Sheets("Step 3").ComboBox1.Value
End sub

The code works once, (i.e. it will pass the value selected on sheet
combobox to the combobox on sheet 3) then it gets locked on a specifi
selection. How can I loop my code so that it changes the valu
everytime a new value is selected.

Thanks for any help I can ge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You say "from Combobox1 on Sheet2("Step 2") to a Combobox1 on sheet3("Step
3")." but your code would pass the value in the opposite direction.

"Excel-erate2004 " wrote in
message ...
Hello,

I know there is a fairly simple solution to this, but it has eluded me
so far.

Using VBA code, I'm trying to pass a user selected value from Combobox1
on Sheet2("Step 2") to a Combobox1 on sheet3("Step 3").

Both comboboxes are filled by the same range from a sheet called
SpeciesList (A2:A30).

I've tried this:

Public Sub ComboBox1_Click()
Sheets("Step 2").ComboBox1.Value = Sheets("Step 3").ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

or this:

Public Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Sheets("Step 2").ComboBox1.Value = Sheets("Step 3").ComboBox1.Value
End sub

The code works once, (i.e. it will pass the value selected on sheet2
combobox to the combobox on sheet 3) then it gets locked on a specific
selection. How can I loop my code so that it changes the value
everytime a new value is selected.

Thanks for any help I can get

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the tip, I reversed the code and it worked. My bad!

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Glad I could help.

Doug

"Excel-erate2004 " wrote in
message ...
Thanks for the tip, I reversed the code and it worked. My bad!

Thanks again!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

TRY ATTACHED YOU CAN GO EITHER WAY