Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need for speed!

So I have been working on this big excel project. It was slow b/c it did cell by cell reference. I really speeded it up by changing all that to use arrays

My only issues now is that when you double click on the excel icon for the project to open it, it takes like 30 seconds to load...dude!!!!!Can I speed this up and how. Is there something in VBA I can do to make it not load up all that stuff it is loading up that may not be needed

Thank you very muc

Neil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
how large is your file and are you running some macros on start-up?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Neil wrote:
So I have been working on this big excel project. It was slow b/c it
did cell by cell reference. I really speeded it up by changing all
that to use arrays.

My only issues now is that when you double click on the excel icon
for the project to open it, it takes like 30 seconds to
load...dude!!!!!Can I speed this up and how. Is there something in
VBA I can do to make it not load up all that stuff it is loading up
that may not be needed?

Thank you very much

Neil