Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cae cae is offline

Default "Can't find Project or Libr." when using Form in Macro

I had the following macro working in Excel 2000, when I
used an Excel XP machine to save the file now I get the
following error when running on back Excel 2000.

"Compile Error: Can't find Project or Library"

The Macro Breaks at the following Code that uses a "Form"
to graphically display progress.

Sub UpdateProgress(pct)
With Mercury_Reporting_Package.ProgressUpdate_Form
.FrameProgress.Caption = Format(pct, "0%")
.LabelProgress.Width = pct *
(.FrameProgress.Width - 10)
.Repaint
End With
End Sub

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Tools | References, check if you have any items marked as "MISSING"

--
Regards

Juan Pablo González

"Cae" wrote in message

I had the following macro working in Excel 2000, when I
used an Excel XP machine to save the file now I get the
following error when running on back Excel 2000.

"Compile Error: Can't find Project or Library"

The Macro Breaks at the following Code that uses a "Form"
to graphically display progress.

Sub UpdateProgress(pct)
With Mercury_Reporting_Package.ProgressUpdate_Form
.FrameProgress.Caption = Format(pct, "0%")
.LabelProgress.Width = pct *
(.FrameProgress.Width - 10)
.Repaint
End With
End Sub

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cae cae is offline

Default In Tools | References Missing

Thanks there is a Missing Reference:

I dont know how to deal with/correct it?

The missing reference is "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects
(Multi-Demensional) 2.7 Library"

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you know if you're using ADO for anything ? Database connections ? sql
queries ? if not, then try unchecking that reference and run the macro(s)
again to see if the run ok.

--
Regards

Juan Pablo González

"CAE" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Part of the problem is that when you run the file on the XP machine, VBA may
automatically update the library reference from 2000 (Excel 9.0) to XP
(Excel 10.0). When the file is saved, it may be saved to the Excel 10.0
library, and that won't be found on your 2000 machine. If you're going to
be going back and forth from 2000 to XP on a regular basis, you probably
want to try late binding - it causes the code to look for the application
object and set a reference, rather than having the object reference set at
the beginning. (I think I explained that right.)

Ed