Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_18_] Ed[_18_] is offline

Default "Can't find Project or Libr." when using Form in Macro

Part of the problem is that when you run the file on the XP machine, VBA may
automatically update the library reference from 2000 (Excel 9.0) to XP
(Excel 10.0). When the file is saved, it may be saved to the Excel 10.0
library, and that won't be found on your 2000 machine. If you're going to
be going back and forth from 2000 to XP on a regular basis, you probably
want to try late binding - it causes the code to look for the application
object and set a reference, rather than having the object reference set at
the beginning. (I think I explained that right.)

Ed

"Cae" wrote in message

I had the following macro working in Excel 2000, when I
used an Excel XP machine to save the file now I get the
following error when running on back Excel 2000.

"Compile Error: Can't find Project or Library"

The Macro Breaks at the following Code that uses a "Form"
to graphically display progress.

Sub UpdateProgress(pct)
With Mercury_Reporting_Package.ProgressUpdate_Form
.FrameProgress.Caption = Format(pct, "0%")
.LabelProgress.Width = pct *
(.FrameProgress.Width - 10)
.Repaint
End With