Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default changing current directory to that of the current open file

Hi,

I'm working on an invoicing project which involves three seperat
spreadsheet files. The main file opens the other two via a macro.

My problem is, I can't find a way to make the current directory (usin
ChDir or the like) the directory in which the main file is present!

I know it probably would be alright if I opened the main file usin
FileOpen in the Excel menu, but I would like it to work if the file i
opened direct by double clicking on it in windows explorer.

Say the file is C:\Invoicing\OrderForm.xls ... how would I make th
current directory C:\Invoicing via a macro without actually naming th
directory? I don't want it to be a permanent thing, I only want it t
happen when the spreadsheet is opened.

Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've re-read my post above and it seems a little jumbled!! Here'
another try at explaining my problem....

When I open the OrderForm.xls file from the folder itself, I want
macro within it to set the folder it is in to the current directory.

At the moment when I open the file this way the current director
remains as 'My Documents'.

I know the current directory changes if I open the file via the Fil
menu in Excel, but ideally I'd like it to change in both situations...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

May be,
chdir cstr(activeworkbook.path)
Cecil

"unnameable " wrote in message

I'm working on an invoicing project which involves three seperate
spreadsheet files. The main file opens the other two via a macro.

My problem is, I can't find a way to make the current directory (using
ChDir or the like) the directory in which the main file is present!

I know it probably would be alright if I opened the main file using
FileOpen in the Excel menu, but I would like it to work if the file is
opened direct by double clicking on it in windows explorer.

Say the file is C:\Invoicing\OrderForm.xls ... how would I make the
current directory C:\Invoicing via a macro without actually naming the
directory? I don't want it to be a permanent thing, I only want it to
happen when the spreadsheet is opened.

Any ideas?

---